We strive every day to build character in our students, both on and off the stage. We willingly give our time, support and guidance to ensure the theatre is financially strong and effectively managed in an ethical and moral manner.
Our Board of Directors will
- Abide in all respects by the North Texas Performing Arts Code of Conduct & Obligations, the Policies and Procedures, and the By-Laws and all other rules and regulations of the organization and will ensure that my membership and financial accounts and obligations remain in good standing at all times.
- At all times obey all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and will provide or cause to provide the full cooperation of the theatre when requested to do so by those institutions and their persons set in authority as are required to uphold the law.
- Conduct the business affairs of the association in good faith and with honesty, integrity, due diligence, and reasonable competence.
- Always hold the betterment of the students and the theatre members and patrons as my first priority, including during all participation in discussions and voting matters and contribute as a productive and positive force acting in support of the Mission, Vision and Values of the organization.
- Recognize that I am obligated to act in a manner which will bear the closest public scrutiny.
- Not abuse my position as a board member by action, insinuation or suggestion to any theatre student, staff or patron that I am entitled to, and I may not receive or expect any special treatment or benefit beyond that of other patrons and members of the theatre.
- Make no effort to influence, guide, impact or persuade casting decisions for family members, friends or any other interest, and I acknowledge the Director has complete, independent and unfettered decision-making authority on casting and creative decisions and will distance myself such decision-making except where the ethical or moral standards of the theatre are threatened.
- Declare any conflict of interest, be it real, potential, or perceived, which is not immediately obvious with regard to any matter being discussed in their presence during a board meeting, and willingly recuse myself from any matter in which such a conflict might exist. I agree that I will not start, fund, create, volunteer for except as simply a participant, work for, or advise any organization that provides similar or generally similar services to the North Texas Performing Arts within twenty miles of an NTPA performance venue. Should the risk of any potential or real conflict arise from an activity I choose to pursue, I agree to disclose such conflict in advance and the Board may approve by a majority vote to allow my participation in that activity.
- Not knowingly take advantage of or benefit from information that is obtained in the course of my official duties and responsibilities as a board member, and that is not generally available to our membership.
- Protect the organization’s information closely and will not release or share confidential or sensitive information without the permission, preferably in writing, of the person who provided it. I understand personnel related information that I am exposed to should not be repeated or discussed except in an Executive Session. I understand that issues discussed during Executive Session are confidential in nature, and that I will not repeat, impart or relay any information from an Executive Session to anyone not within that session. I will maintain confidentiality of all information which the board deems confidential.
- Remain mindful of resources which are in their trust on behalf of the organization, and will help establish policies which ensure the maximization of secure and protected resources.
- Expect to be reimbursed for legitimate and reasonable expenses incurred on behalf of the organization.
- Reject gifts, favors, or benefits on a personal basis and recognize that such offers may be an effort to secure advantage.
- Represent the theatre informally and formally to others in such a way as to others with a positive impression of the organization and preserve and enhance the good reputation of the organization and will avoid behavior which might damage its image. I acknowledge there will be decisions that this body makes that I might disagree with, but I agree to abide by and support those actions adopted by this board.
- Faithfully discharge my duties without discrimination for race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion or disability.
- Maintain my status as a Member.