The “Educate Pillar” of the NTPA Academy’s offering supports a student in satisfying the State of Texas standards for recognized high school graduation. The Core Flex enables a student to pursue their independent academic study in a safe and flexible learning environment. Our “Core Academic Coach” will promote and encourage academic success and focus in a positive and supportive manner, and (to the extent allowed by the parent or guardian), will monitor a student’s progress and productivity.
The Core Flex and Core Academic Coach are available 8 AM-5 PM Monday-Thursday and 8 AM-12:30 PM on Fridays. Individual student hours are flexible and solely determined by the family, enabling a student to pursue professional and other pursuits as their schedule requires.
Core Flex Operations
Our Core Flexible Learning Environment (Flex) provides students with a safe learning environment for self-study. The Core Flex opens each morning at 8:00 AM and closes at 5:00 PM. The Core Flex will be available on Fridays from 8:00 AM until 12:30 PM. Breaks will be scheduled according to the class schedule.
Three different self-learning environments
- Core Library – The Core Library (formerly known as the Core Café) is a monitored quiet learning space. It is self-paced and self-managed. The monitor will advise students to consider the Learning Lab or Private Study options as needed.
- Core Café – Core students may visit the break room throughout the day, as needed. The Core Monitor will be checking this room frequently. This space has a refrigerator and microwaves and may be utilized for lunch time. Lunch will be scheduled from 12:20 to 1:00 PM, except on Fridays, which will include “Lunch and Leadership” from 12:30-1:30 PM.
- Core Private Study – Core students may schedule time with the practice rooms with the Core Monitor. These rooms may be used for individual study, tests, online tutoring sessions, etc.
Core Flex Payment Options
- Tuition Payments – Students may attend between one and five (M-F) scheduled days per week at a reduced rate with their tuition.
- Pre-Pay Punch Card – Parents may utilize a punch card system by purchasing individual days at a rate of $35/day in multiples of 3 days. The cost of the 3-Day Punch Card is $105 .With 24 hour notice, a student may come to the Core Flex at any time, as needed.
- Drop-In Fee – In emergency situations, parents may have a student attend the Core Flex for a $50 fee
Benefits of Core Flex
The Core Flex itself offers a casual work-living environment, enabling a student to study in a manner most suitable to their needs including:
- Always-Onsite “Core Academic Coach” to provide guidance, support and ensure proper breaks, exercise and attention throughout the study day.
- A variety of seating/learning environments to accommodate a student’s learning style be it sitting at a more formal learning desk, working at a study table, or in comfortable seating.
- Access to high-speed internet.
- An entire food court with dozens of lunch and snack menus and hundreds of choices.
- Regular “Fast-Fun Brain-Breaks” throughout the day for a quick “recharge” to enable a refreshed return to studies.
- Coach-led morning and afternoon “stretch breaks” to promote good health and wellness.
- Regular feedback to the parent of a student’s progress, activities, and efforts.
NTPA does not endorse or require a specific course of study, though our Core Academic Coaches are familiar with and can provide active support to several most popular core curriculum programs. Families choosing other courses of study will enjoy a supportive environment, oversight and safety.
While the Core Academic Coach and Core Flex will support and monitor the student’s efforts, ultimately the student and his or her parents are responsible for their own academic success and NTPA does not assume responsibility to instruct or tutor the student in core academics.
Students under age eleven (11) are not eligible to participate in the Core Flexible Learning Environment.
Personal Tutoring is available from a group of NTPA vetted academic tutors. These tutors have expertise in English, Math, Science, Social Studies, Test Prep, Study Skills and More!