Please note: Current phone support hours (972-422-2575) are weekdays 8:30 AM-12:30 PM. Phone calls will be answered during this time by an NTPA staff member. Outside of that time, patrons are invited to email email@example.com or call and leave a message, which will be answered by a staff member as soon as possible.
The NTPA team has been working around the clock to create a plan that allows us to deliver on our mission to develop the character of youth through a quality performing arts education and family entertainment, and give our students the opportunity to have their voice heard on stage while keeping them safe.
We’ve consulted with the local medical community, officials with the local health departments and city government, and within the guidelines of the Center for Disease control. The plan we are announcing goes above and beyond both Federal, State, and local mandates to ensure the safety and well-being of the NTPA family.
Our casts in dozens of productions and almost two hundred shows impacted during this time will take the stage as soon as it is safe to reopen our theatres.
We have partnered with the industry’s leading distance learning provider and our Directors have been training on how to effectively deliver all rehearsals, classes and lessons online until we are able to reopen. This is going to be a fun way to learn, and our Directors will be making this a GREAT learning experience!
Tickets to Upcoming Shows
Updates to show dates will be made available online as soon as possible. Check our tickets web page for the most up to date show details.
Patrons who have purchased tickets to postponed shows will be sent a ticket gift certificate for the value of their tickets. These gift certificates can be used on tickets for new show dates once they are available.
Show Patron Guidelines
- Tickets may be exchanged for different performance dates and times.
- Standard ticket pricing and all normal minimum ticket purchase requirements and complimentary ticket rules apply.
- To accommodate patrons that might not be able to attend performances but still want to show their support to their favorite Actors, we will be reducing all Playbill “Applause Ads” by 50% during this period to allow loved ones to provide their messages of support for their favorite actors to appear in the show’s playbill. Please note that the two-week order lead-time before opening night will remain unchanged. For more information, go to: NTPA.org/ezads/.
Cast and Crew Guidelines
Includes the guidance to Show Patrons plus:
- Set build budgets will be frozen, and sets shall be limited to use of existing materials and props.
For the safety of our staff and our students, we will be following these practices for safe audition management:
- All auditions until further notice will be conducted via video submission or on a limited basis, live through Facetime.
- Participants will be asked to record their auditions on Youtube and submit their link via their Google Form Application by the respective show’s submission deadline.
- The requirement for a “second chair” for casting directors will be suspended.
- Callback instructions will be sent out within 48 hours of the submission deadline.
We will be following the these practices for safe rehearsal management:
- Starting Sunday, March 22, rehearsals will resume via remote online communications via Zoom, and participants will receive instructions for access.
- Each individual show will receive an updated rehearsal schedule and instructions from their respective NTPA director via google classroom.
- Starting June 1, in-person rehearsals may be scheduled on an as-needed basis where 10 or less people are in a room at a time. Singing will not be allowed at these rehearsals, and all participants must participate in a health check, wear a mask at all times, and maintain safe social distance at all times.
- Rehearsals will be conducted online unless it is determined by the Director and Theatre Managing Director that in order to accomplish a specific rehearsal objective participants must participate-in person.
- View full safety protocols for in-person rehearsals at NTPA.org/safety-protocols-productions-2020/
NTPA Academy Classes
- Classes will resume Monday, March 23rd via remote online communications via ZOOM, and participants will be receiving instructions for access.
- Further instructions and all individual class communications will be conducted via Google Classroom.
NTPA After School Classes
- Classes will resume Monday, April 27 via Zoom with extended hours of 4:30-6 pm
Other Programming Changes
- All “Free” programming (acting classes, remote site classes, etc) and upSTARt Audition Workshops will be postponed until further notice.
- The NTPA – Frisco AMP Awards Ceremony will be rescheduled. The new date will be announced soon! All other details regarding this event remain unchanged.
- We will continue to offer private lessons, though Skype/Zoom/Facetime ONLY, though leave it to parents and instructors to agree upon the best scheduling plan. We will not be altering our 24 hour cancellation notice policy, so if a student/parent wishes to make a change, we ask that you do so in time to avoid those charges.
Updated information from the CDC on Coronavirus in the United States can be found at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. The most recent information about Coronavirus in Texas may be found at: https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/. Information from the World Health Organization may be found at: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports/