Join NTPA Spotlight!
Come be a part of NTPA’s first ever special event performance group, the NTPA Spotlight!
This group will represent NTPA performing for community and special events around DFW. Repertoire will include Broadway tunes, pop music, dance numbers, a cappella pieces, and holiday pieces. 6th-12th grade students that have done at least one production with NTPA are eligible to audition.
This group will be directed by Jacob Hemsath and will initially meet 3-5 times per month (possibly more around performance times) at Willow Bend. Rehearsal dates will be dependent on performers schedules, and when absences occur, students will be responsible for learning the missed material, which will be posted to the blog.
Sunday, October 27 from 1pm-4pm at Willow Bend Center of the Arts
- 1pm — Vocal Audition — Prepare 60-90 seconds of a contemporary pop song (if time allows, there will be a harmony test)
- 3pm — Dance Call — Wear Movement Clothes
Notes and Requirements
- This will be a competitive process. Not everyone who auditions will make the group.
- Students who are involved in other NTPA activities (JTF, ACE, shows, etc…) will be required to forgo all Spotlight rehearsals that conflict and must communicate all conflicts to Jacob Hemsath.
- ACES in spotlight will be given 2 volunteer hours towards their 10 hour requirement.
- Membership in the group lasts one full year. All members are required to re-audition.
- $0 for ACES
- $50 for Non-ACES