11th Annual AMP Awards – Senior Division Celebration
“Do You Hear the People Sing?”
Saturday, July 10, 2021, 4:30 PM – Midnight
The Courtyard Theatre
Part Prom, Part Oscars, FULL CELEBRATION of 30 years of North Texas Performing Arts!
Our Senior Division AMP Awards recognize all NTPA troupes in a special AMP Awards event just for our performers who were in 10th grade or higher for the 2020-2021 school year!!
About the Senior Division AMP Awards
The 2021 Senior Division AMP Awards offers a separate and exclusive “Senior Division” Awards Ceremony in a cross-NTPA event. The event will honor students who just completed 10th, 11th, 12th grades or homeschool age-equivalents and those who graduated in May 2020. This exciting event unites the Senior Division from across the entire NTPA family of theatres and will be the exclusive event for Senior Division AMP recognition! There will not be Senior Division recognition at the traditional Plano, Fairview, Frisco or Dallas AMP Awards Ceremonies.
The Red Carpet Reception opens at 4:30 PM and Seniors can party ’til midnight! This year “Hear the People Sing” is our theme for our Senior Division AMP Awards! We celebrate the 30th Anniversary of NTPA with EVERY performer who has EVER been a part of any Les Miserables Cast throughout NTPA history… invited to raise our voices together in “One Day More.”
All money raised by the AMP Awards supports the Covid Recovery funds for North Texas Performing Arts. Your attendance will not only help us celebrate our family of performers, but will allow us to continue growing our program in 2021 and the years to come!
Only 300 Seats available in The Courtyard Theatre!
General Admission Student and Adults
Early Bird – $29* (until June 25)
Regular – $35* (starting June 26)
Food Coupon (meal during after party) – $5
Drink Coupon (non-alcoholic drinks at intermission & after party) – $5
Performance-Only Ticket (non-Senior Division Performers) – by donation
Entitles the participant to perform in the event
Alumni students – $0
+NTPA Alumni not in honored classes may attend without charge, so free Alumni participation is allowed for those beyond the “13th Grade.” Alumni of age to be award recipients in this year’s Senior Division AMP Awards must purchase tickets to participate.
*includes entry to After Party
4:30-6 pm – Pre-Event Reception
- Exclusive pre-event reception in the Courtyard Lobby
- Photo-ops with your friends and favorite directors
- Faux champagne toast to our nominees
- Free food and non-alcoholic drinks for ticket holders
- Ends with a red carpet walk into The Courtyard Theatre
6-9 pm – Awards
- Awards Event – two big acts with an intermission!
- Awards for individual theatres AND Cross-NTPA Awards in some categories – including awards for Outstanding NTPA Performers!
- Actors will be nominated for performances between January 1 – December 31, 2020
- Awards to be announced by past NTPA alumni and directors
- Drinks and snacks available for purchase during intermission
- Drawings for door prizes throughout the program
- Open seating in The Courtyard Theatre
9pm-Midnight – After-Party
- One of Dallas’s hottest DJ’s will be conducting the night’s music!
- Food and drinks will be available thru pre-event purchase coupon.
- Photo booth, photos with friends and directors and MORE
- Afterparty admittance is free to those with tickets and NTPA alumni. Only high school freshmen or older will be admitted.
- Event ends at midnight – music ends at 11:30pm
Hart Award Application
The Hart Award recognizes a graduating NTPA senior who has demonstrated distinguished leadership at NTPA, school and in the community.
The award is named after Rebekah Hart and her family. Rebekah Hart was a student at Plano Children’s Theatre from 2001-2008. In addition to taking classes, she volunteered at PCT and Custer Road Methodist Church. Her parents were active volunteers in our program. In addition, they were Girl Scout volunteers and foster parents. Sadly, we lost the Hart family in 2008 in a tragic accident. The following year we created the Hart Award for graduating seniors who exemplify the Ten Characters of NTPA.
Graduating seniors are invited to apply for the HART AWARD. Our Arts Advisory Board will read the nominations and decide on the winners.
Applications are due by Monday, July 5.
Class of 2020 and 2021 Photos
We are excited to honor senior the classes of 2020 and 2021 this year at the senior AMPS. We are putting together a slideshow highlighting these seniors, and would like to get a photo of all the seniors first and last show at NTPA.
We do not want to miss anyone, so please make sure to submit your responses by Friday, July 2.
Saturday, July 10, 3:30-4:30 PM
The ArtCentre of Plano
902 E. 16th Street, Plano, Texas 75074
NTPA Alum and Parents are invited to an Alum Reception. Come visit with your friends as we celebrate thirty years of developing the character of youth. Please share an update with us including your current or future career and employment plans, so we can celebrate you at our reception!
You are also invited to attend the 2021 Senior AMP’s at the Courtyard Theatre beginning at 4:30 PM.
|Les Miserables||Do You Hear the People Sing?||All||Christian R. Black, Daniel Dean Miranda, Aaron Arroyo, Denver Danyla|
|In the Heights||In the Heights||Plano||Daniel Dean Miranda|
|Mamma Mia!||Money, Money, Money||Dallas||Bethany Bourland|
|Newsies||Santa Fe Quartet (Jacks)||Dallas||Christian R. Black|
|Footloose||Finale “Footloose”||Dallas||Christian R. Black|
|Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder||Why are the D’Ysquiths Dying||Fairview||Bethany Bourland|
|The Drowsy Chaperone||Toledo Surprise||Fairview||Denver Danyla|
|The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee||Magic Foot||Fairview||Denver Danyla|
|Avenue Q||For Now||Plano||Daniel Dean Miranda|
|Chicago||All That Jazz||Academy||Mike Mazur|
|Guys and Dolls||Luck be a Lady||Academy||Christian R. Black|
|Bright Star||Frisco||Nick Mann|
|The Addams Family||Overture/When You’re an Addams||Frisco||Christian R. Black|
|Pippin||Magic To Do||Plano||Nick Mann|
|A Midsummer Night’s Dream||Summer Love||Frisco||Christian R. Black|
|Godspell||All Good Gifts||Plano||Mike Mazur|
|Legally Blonde||Legally Blonde Remix||Plano||Mike Mazur|
By purchasing, accepting, or redeeming a ticket to this program, event, or activity, I acknowledge the following:
- At this time, the Texas Department of Health and Human Services has issued guidance for events to operate at a limited capacity in order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Due to recent CDC guidance issued on May 13, 2021 stating that fully vaccinated individuals are no longer expected to wear a mask or physically distance in any setting, NTPA, has elected to open ticket sales to full
capacity (321 people) for the performance I am acquiring ticket(s) for.
- Neither, NTPA, nor City of Plano can or will ask for proof of vaccination. As such, I acknowledge and understand that there may still be a high risk of COVID-19 transmission. By purchasing this ticket, I understand, acknowledge, knowingly, and freely assume all such risks associated with my decision to participate in this program, event, or activity which could increase my risks of exposure and contraction to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19.