The NTPA Spotlight is the very first NTPA show choir, with a variety of repertoire including Holiday Classics, Musical Theatre, and Pop! The group consists of students in grades 6-12 who represent NTPA in the community with performances across DFW for local events.
Spotlight performances include a variety of group numbers, solos, duets, and small variety acts. These students are true triple threat performers and showcase some of the best talent among NTPA students. With beautiful songs and killer dance moves, these students put on a high-quality show every time they perform!
This group is directed by NTPA Director Jacob Hemsath.
NTPA Spotlight performed their debut performance at the Fairview Town Center’s Candy Canes for Kids with a set list including “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year,” “Grown Up Christmas List,” “Jingle Bell Rock,” and “We Wish You a Merry Christmas.”
Process and Requirements
To become an NTPA Spotlight company member, students must audition in a competitive process.
- 6th-12th grade students that have done at least one production with NTPA are eligible to audition.
- Auditionees prepared a contemporary pop song for their vocal audition. They also went through a harmony test.
- Auditionees also participated in a dance call.
For company members:
- ACES in spotlight are given 2 volunteer hours towards their 10 hour requirement.
- Membership in the group lasts one full year. All members are required to re-audition.
- ACE members pay $0 in tuition.
- Non-ACE members pay $50 in tuition.